Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Yikes! It's December!




Autumn can come and go in the blink of an eye in these parts. Summer hung around for a few extra weeks and fall followed suit, probably due to a rare spell of decent weather that didn't blow all the leaves off the trees! It sure didn't feel like Thanksgiving with the sunshine and warm temperatures.




Our neck of the woods put of quite a colorful show this fall. I wish it still looked like this but I'm afraid we are down to bare branches against grey skies. Is it a crazy to wish for snow to dress it up?





Thinking about our recent Thanksgiving holiday, it just occurred to me that it's all the preparations and seasonal events leading up to the celebration that I get the most enjoyment from, as opposed to the actual day itself! Is that terrible? I'm not sure. Anyway, with the kitchen cleaned up and all the leftovers dealt with, it's time to catch up on what's happening in cyberspace. As you can see, Stewart enjoys spending time looking at pet photos on Facebook (I think). He even "Likes" some of them.





Taking a break calls for something less stimulating than coffee and since this is definitely the season for a hot drink, mulled wine (or port in this case) is the current beverage of choice. It's still a bit too early for egg nog, besides I usually save that as a reward for shoveling snow. Oddly enough I never run into anyone drinking either of those two concoctions any other time of the year. Do you? 





However, they are the perfect drinks for relaxing by the fire while procrastinating about putting up the Christmas tree. It can always wait until tomorrow, besides the fall decorations still look festive and were super easy since they're basically an edited version of the Halloween stuff that was already there. I blame Stewart and Spenser for setting a bad example with their kitty laziness.




I leave the Halloween blood and gore to the professionals so all I do to transition into Thanksgiving is swap out the witches and spiders for a few turkeys and pilgrims. Of course skeletons are for every season and to create a warm and relaxing atmosphere, Burt decided some candlelight was in order.




Preferably it will be the candles that are lit.





It's good to have someone to look out for you . . .





as well as someone to spread the word about your latest catastrophe.


Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate it!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love these pictures of your kitties - such beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got lucky, they're usually not very cooperative when I try to take pictures of them. Burt always holds really still.

      Delete