Saturday, October 14, 2017

Haunted Humpday with Costumes and Ivy Does The Darkling Tag



Happy Haunted Humpday!

The skeleton crew is joining Marfi at Incipient Wings for some spooky fun leading up to Halloween.  
Once again, I'm sorry for being so late. Ivy has been busy trying out different looks for Halloween while HM and I try to recover from our vacation. Burt has decided to be a pirate because be believes you should always be yourself, unless you can be a pirate, then you should always be a pirate. 




Ivy is a real fangirl of the Goth bloggers, haunting their Instagram sites and watching their YouTube videos as soon as they are uploaded. It's their sense of style she's fascinated with, so much so that when she needs to liven up an outfit she immediately looks to them for her fashion inspiration.




Apparently there is a Cat Woman blogger somewhere that has inspired Ivy to try out a new spin on last year's Halloween outfit. Unfortunately that isn't always so easy when you're working with an big, obvious print. Those cat ears should be enough of a distraction though, don't you think?




Or maybe adding a kitty nose?




Or maybe not. Meow.




There's always the witch route.




Who can resist a warty nose?




Ivy has enjoyed reading all the different responses to the Darkling Tag. Since she doesn't have a blog of her own, no one can actually tag her but she feels compelled to join in anyway. Plus, this is a good way to define herself from Burt. He gets way too much attention as it is.

The Darkling Tag

• What is your favourite candle scent?
It's a tie between Holy Ground and Seance from Witch City Wicks.

• Do you have a favorite book?
 Wuthering Heights

• Are you a tea or coffee person?
Tea, preferably Lapsang souchong.

• What's your favorite perfume/cologne?
I want to say Illamasqua Freak because of it's cool name and fabulous bottle, but I have to admit it's a little too strong for my taste. So I mostly stick with Chanel No. 5.

• Do you have a celebrity crush?
Yes, it's Jack Skellington! Shhhh... don't tell Burt!

• If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90's/2000's gothy name, what would it be?
Ash Wednesday

• What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad?
Go barefoot, drink lots of water and always
spend the daylight hours in a cool, dark place, preferable underground.

  • What song always makes you happy (doesn't have to be a goth band)?
Enter Sandman

• Are you active in the arts?
Yes, I play the piano and I like to sing, although my voice isn't what it used to be.

• What is your number one non-gothy hobby?
Crocheting snowflake Christmas ornaments.


• I love watching cheesy romance films.
True. I really love The Holiday, so shoot me!


• I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night.
Well, it's usually in the morning since I'm busy all night.

• I sleep with plushies.
False. I don't really sleep but when I indulge in Eternal Rest it's with white lilies.

• I wear non-black pajamas most nights.
Again, I'm usually working the cemetery at night, so False.


Confessional - True or False?

• I think Andrew Eldritch is overrated.
Who? Just kidding, I do like the joke about God sometimes pretending to be him though.
Guess I'll have to go with True on this one,

• I don't like vampires.
False. They don't bother me at all.

• I don't like clubs.
True. They can be so heavy and clumsy. I'm more of a chain-rattling kind of gal.

• I don't enjoy graveyards.
Seriously? They're my afterlife!

• Blood makes me queasy.
Definitely true.

• I'd sooner faint than pet a spider.
False. My pet spider, Jane lives in my handbag.

 • I don't like haunted houses.
It all depends on who is doing the haunting.

• I've never read Dracula.
True. Although The Count and I were acquaintances once upon a time.
Don't get me started on his chain smoking. He was such a drama queen and soooo needy!

• I think "Bela Lugosi's Dead" is a long and boring song.
FALSE!!! The original Bauhaus version and Kashmir are my two fave go-to tunes for chilling out when I'm stuck in traffic. Check out the Trent Reznor and Peter Murphy cover of it for Tv On The Radio, it's great, too. Now I'll have that song title as an ear worm all day long!

So now, Ivy would like to tag Marfi and Helena!



The inspector has given his seal of approval on today's pumpkin haul and we are happy to be officially back into Halloween mode.   

A belated Happy Haunted Humpday, I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I want Ivy to be my best friend!
    she's so awesome!!
    we'll be back in a bit :)
    hugs to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for Tagging us Ivy!!


    • What is your favourite candle scent?
    Marfi: Marine Sel by Tokyomilk
    Helena:blueberry from Michael's craft store


    • Do you have a favorite book?
    Marfi:I have two! Pet Sematary and The Third Witch
    Helena:The Land of Stories...

    • Are you a tea or coffee person?
    Marfi & Helena: COFFEE!

    • What's your favorite perfume/cologne?
    Marfi:Tresor
    Helena:Purrfect pumpkin from bath & body works

    • Do you have a celebrity crush?
    Marfi:The Rock!!
    Helena:The Rock!


    • If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90's/2000's gothy name, what would it be?
    Marfi: Lilith
    Helena: October
    • What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad?
    Marfi & Helena: stay inside till the sun goes down..or it rains or it's overcast..and stay by the A/C
    • What song always makes you happy (doesn't have to be a goth band)?
    Marfi:Miss Murder-AFI
    Helena: Ode to joy- Beethoven
    • Are you active in the arts?
    Marfi: Yas!
    Helena: yes..lot's of crafts and painting
    • What is your number one non-gothy hobby?
    Marfi:Christmas crafting
    Helena:Crotchet
    • I love watching cheesy romance films.
    Marfi:nope
    Helena: no thank you!
    • I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night.
    Marfi:yes
    Helena:Uhhh, I don't wear it:)
    • I sleep with plushies.
    Marfi:yes..it's a large kodiak bear
    Helena:yes, A husky named Douglas
    • I wear non-black pajamas most nights.
    Marfi:yes I wear whatever's threadbare and cool
    Helena:yes

    Confessional - True or False?

    • I think Andrew Eldritch is overrated.
    Marfi:true
    Helena:
    • I don't like vampires.
    Marfi:false...I like the one's from 30 days of night
    Helena:true..especially sparkly ones

    • I don't like clubs.
    Marfi:true
    Helena:what's a club? lol

    • I don't enjoy graveyards.
    Marfi & Helena: False

    • Blood makes me queasy.
    Marfi:only if it's mine and it's not stopping
    Helena:false..how else would i drrrink? haha
    • I'd sooner faint than pet a spider.
    Marfi:false
    Helena:true true true

    • I don't like haunted houses.
    Marfi:false
    Helena:false

    • I've never read Dracula.
    Marfi:False
    Helena: That's my dad!
    • I think "Bela Lugosi's Dead" is a long and boring song.
    Marfi:...
    Helena: false

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha.ha.ha! You two came up with great answers! Thanks for playing along. This tag was on Ms. Misantropia's blog awhile back and it made me laugh, so I thought it would be fun to include it. Unfortunately I forgot to thank her above, duh! Hopefully my brain will be recovered by Wednesday, see you soon.

      Delete