Friday, November 23, 2018

It's Thanksgiving!



Happy Thanksgiving, I hope everyone had a great day!





We were invited to a Thanksgiving Feast last weekend and today it's just us. Can't say I wasn't tempted to blow the whole thing off! I knew I wouldn't miss the cooking and cleaning but the thought of not roasting a turkey felt a little strange - and I don't even like it that much!  





"Please don't make me cook the turkey, it's five times bigger than me!




So the preparations began with His Madness turning a pumpkin into a pie.





While I made the easiest thing on the menu.




We stuck with the traditional dishes because we knew if we didn't make the same dinner we have been making for all of the past Thanksgivings, we would be completely confused about what holiday we were actually celebrating. Who knows what might happen next, we might forget to go shopping!





It all worked out in the end. We got to talk with Andy and Kristin over FaceTime and now, much like everyone else, we will be eating leftover turkey for weeks. How do we always make too much?






Of course, no Thanksgiving is complete without falling asleep watching the afternoon rerun of the Macy's parade. It's hard to believe it was colder in New York City than it was here, burrrr!!!






Thanks for stopping by! Sorry for being late in sending out good wishes to everyone.
To all of you who don't celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you had a great Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment