Monday, April 26, 2021

A Spooky Spring Road Trip



Spring came very early in our neck of the woods but it still keeps snowing. The weather seems to be crazy everywhere lately! Some days we have had the pleasure of experiencing all the seasons at once. The daffodils are unfazed by the freezing temps and I can't believe how nice the magnolia still looks after being snowed on so many times, ha! 




It seems like forever since we've been anywhere but now that we are fully vaccinated, along with most of our friends and family, it was time for a road trip. Here we are, gleefully waiting the fifteen minutes after our second shot. I was so excited about getting it that I forgot my mask! Luckily, I had a couple of disposables in the car. We both had some side effects, mine were worse that HM's, but it's definitely worth it for the peace of mind. 




Since this year marks the 50th anniversary of 4/20 (although it can always be celebrated daily at 4:20 pm, ha!) we decided to reminisce with old school friends and hit the road. The day started out promisingly enough but the further west we traveled the more overcast and gloomier it got. It was great to see our friends again and I also brought back a very special addition to my hoard of Halloween decor because it's getting very close to Half-O-Ween! 




So, how did His Madness and I end up in this extremely uncomfortable backseat of a police car?




A wild turkey. Turns out THEY CAN FLY, but not very well.




The damage didn't look that bad from the outside but the view from the inside was pretty restricted. Since we were two hours from home and at least an hour anyway from our friends, the officer offered to give us a lift to the nearest car rental. It was a very long thirty minute drive and we tried not to act too suspicious. I did feel bad about hitting the poor turkey but there are 349,999 of them left in the state and I'm so glad it wasn't a deer!   





After a couple of days our windshield was replaced and we were back on the road on another overcast day. On the plus side, it didn't snow much. Insurance companies choose where your car gets towed and repaired and ours ended up in Colby, where the cheese by the same name was developed. It's way too bland for my taste and has a weird, rubbery texture so we didn't bother to do any shopping. Too bad the turkey incident didn't happen further down the road near one of the gouda or cheddar cheese makers.




On the dashboard there was this button that the repairman must have found when he replaced the windshield. As it turns out, it was the source of an intermittent but annoying rattle, ha! It was ironic to think of it sitting there for everyone to see in a place where so many were still flying their Trump flags but it's doubtful anyone even noticed it.  




Back home it was snowing - again, but that's okay.




Warmer weather will arrive eventually but while we wait, there's Half-O-Ween!


Thanks for stopping by. See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. I knew you were my people when I saw the skelly's but the pin is icing on the cake! Glad the turkey did not cause a accident they can really wipe out a windshield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are kindred spirits in more ways than one, ha! I'm overjoyed to be rid of Trump and so glad he's not allowed back on social media. I'm still thanking my lucky stars I wasn't in heavy traffic when I hit that turkey. So sorry, for not replying sooner, I just saw your comment. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete