Saturday, December 4, 2021

It's Christmas Time!




It's here, the most festive season of all! It's time to put up the lights, eat and drink to excess, shop 'til we drop and drive ourselves completely crazy!




Unfortunately, I am currently sidelined from decorating because I didn't see a roll of duct tape on the stairs and ended up breaking my ankle. It really shouldn't slow me down that much but I'm thinking that going out dancing is definitely not happening this year.




Burt and Ivy stepped in (no pun intended) to decorate the sunroom tree.





Spenser made sure the virtual squirrels didn't escape and ruin all their hard work.
He was totally successful.



Earlier I had occupied myself by assembling a very charming but complicated advent calendar. It came with tiny lights that had to be snaked around square holes in a piece of cardboard then attached with small pieces of adhesive. It turned out to be the most interesting cat toy in history.





Until I found CatTV on YouTube. Another disaster averted.





An hour and a half later there was a tiny village full of Rituals products. His Madness opened the first "house", it contained a votive candle with a nice, clean fragrance. As with most Advent calendars, except the chocolate ones, we totally forgot about it after that, ha!  We can always catch up. I'm thinking it could have a lot of potential as a Halloween decoration, too. All it needs is a graveyard with a few spooky trees, a ghost and a couple of tiny skeletons. 




As always, Burt and Ivy are pretty pleased with their efforts. One done, three to go! Will they get everything finished by Christmas?


Thanks for stopping by, see you soon!




2 comments:

  1. I could use a Burt and his Minion over here to get everything finished by Christmas, I'm so behind the Eight Ball this Holiday Season! Merry Christmas my Friend been a while since I've rediscovered a lot of Blogs I used to follow... computer crashed, had to buy a new one and start over.

    ReplyDelete