Thursday, June 30, 2022

Back Again



It's been six years today since I started this blog . . .  and two months since my last post!



 

Not to make excuses, because I've never been a very consistent blogger, however this was a long absence even for me. For awhile now I've been really tired and feeling like I was in a fog. I blamed it on the usual suspects - general laziness, the pandemic, a lack of motivation, the war in Ukraine, my mother, those idiots Trump put on the Supreme Court, the weather, assault weapons, allergies, general contractors, stress and anything else I could think of. After casually mentioning this to my doctor, she immediately started doing all sorts of horrible tests that took forever and scared me half to death. It turned out to be a vitamin D deficiency. Seriously. It's understandable that they want to rule out the serious stuff but I'd really rather not have had to go through an MRI of my brain in order to find out I needed a vitamin. Anyway, it was a huge relief to discover it was something easy to fix. Now, after three weeks of massive doses, I'm feeling better but I still can't handle the daily news.





 In my absence, Mother Nature has been doing a great job of looking after my garden this year. She could exercise a little more self control when it comes to the heat but otherwise I can't complain.




It's so handy that perennials come up on their own every year, not that I know where these daisies came from, ha! After they have finished blooming we cut them down to just a couple of inches and they blend into what we jokingly refer to as a "lawn". It's made up of daisies, violets, clover, dandelions and various other weeds. Still, when the summer turns hot and dry it always stays green instead of turning brown, like the actual grass in the front yard.  




Like the garden, the Skeleton Crew have been neglected lately too but somehow they always manage to be cheerful.



They look pretty happy about finding orange and black petunias in the spring.





Kibitz has his own ideas about what needs to be planted in the garden. 




To get things moving, Kibitz brought out the only pumpkin left from last fall.




They got the hint and decided they needed to hurry up and get those pumpkin seeds planted!



 

Meanwhile, there's still a few things about summer to enjoy before we get to pumpkin season.


Happy Pride Month to all my family, friends and readers!
(Sorry for being so late.)

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. I just stopped by and sure hope you are feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete