Thursday, October 5, 2023

Plans Change



Somedays just don't work out as planned. Due to an inordinate amount of noise in and around my house, I gave up my plans for the day, banished the skeletons to the closet and found somewhere else to be.




The backyard was handy and it was sorely in need of attention. So I ended up doing a lot of weeding and pruning back of whatever had miraculously become overgrown in a hot summer with no rain. 




There will not be any photos of how bad it actually was, nobody needs to see that! However, it's looking much better now and while cleaning it up, I discovered a few pretty and interesting things.





Butterflies and bumble bees were scarce this summer. Normally, we have quite of few of these white cabbage ones around. At least there was this one, though it looks a little worse for wear.   
 




I always plant cabbages for the butterflies and every so often they make little heads. They never get bigger than a tennis ball and are hard as rocks but they're pretty tasty in coleslaw.  




As I mentioned before, our summer was really dry and nothing grew very well. So it was a big surprise to discover that this old hydrangea, that has never bloomed before, had put out this big, pink bloom. Better one than none!





For weeks I've been thinking this was going to be a pumpkin!





This is the story of summer 2023, the sky gets dark, the clouds move in and it doesn't rain! At least it was only 75°F. today. 





Finally, I got to give this tomato plant credit for just keeping going.





Of course, we really don't need anymore green tomatoes.

Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow.
(Hopefully back to spooky stuff!)


No comments:

Post a Comment