Wednesday, September 14, 2016

A Peach Pie and Habaneros?

 
Last year I missed out on participating in Haunted Humpdays at Incipient Wings, so his year I was determined to join in the fun! Late last night I was overjoyed to discover that the party was indeed happening again but I didn't have the vaguest idea about a topic for a post I could do on such short notice.  My halloween decorations are still packed up in the closet and there don't seem to be any pumpkins anywhere for sale! Eeek! There was nowhere to turn, I had to ask Burt for help.



 So he went out into the garden in search of anything Halloweenish and found orange habaneros.




Yup, guaranteed to make you scream in pain just by carelessly handling them.
Ok, so maybe vegetables are not the most fear inducing things to anyone over twelve.  




So then he asked His Madness if he could think of anything scary (besides his t-shirt) and he said, "how about sticking your hand in boiling water and then pulling the peel off some peaches?"




Of course Burt said, "I'm in!"



 
He appeared to especially enjoy removing the slimy skin! Yuck.





In no time at all there was a not very frightening but definitely peachy colored pie. . .




. . . carefully decorated with all sorts of pastry cats and stars. Guaranteed not to make anyone run away screaming in terror, although I can't say I'm looking forward to doing the laundry.





As for those habaneros, they're destined to be sacrificed on the chopping block!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to checkout
Haunted Humpday at Incipient Wings!

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I bet that pie is amazing! Sir Madness certainly looks like he's enjoying it!
    Burt is so enthusiastic, maybe he'd like to come over and help out for next week's Haunted Humpday!?
    Thank you for joining in and dropping by.
    this was a sweet and spicy post, lol!
    Have a happy haunted week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dreaming up Haunted Humpdays! I'm so used to having Burt around I forget he's meant to be scary, ha! Here's hoping I can think up something more in the Halloween spirit for next week.

      Delete