Wednesday, September 30, 2020

It's Starting to get Spooky!

 

The countdown has begun!


It's not like there's a specific date to start a countdown, is there? I just made this one up! Like many other enthusiasts, I've been stalking retail and online stores in search of all things Halloween since July. Of course this year, there were a few extra precautions to take before venturing out into the real world. At least for now, with the cooler air of autumn it's a lot easier to breathe through the face masks than it was during the dog days of summer. 


The masks themselves are a lot more fun, too. Unfortunately, some people just can't seem to figure out how to wear them correctly. He does have it over his nose though.


To be honest I was a little worried, considering all of the supply chain disruptions due to the pandemic, there might not be much of anything new this year. Can you imagine that! Our Target still has a limit on how much toilet paper a person is allowed to buy, so I don't think I was just being paranoid. Fortunately, as it turned out, I was wrong. All of the big chain stores were really well stocked, except my Target! Michael's was fantastic as usual, they had so much variety it was hard to choose. I may have to go back. 



I was tempted to pick up a few of these to mix in with my traditional Christmas nutcrackers. Wouldn't that add a little spookiness to the holidays, ha! 


 With the growing season coming to an end there's lots to do in the garden. Ivy's been stocking up on bulbs, pansies and mums. Hope they get planted before it gets too cold.


She was also on a pumpkin quest!


Will this be enough . . . probably not, ha!


While Burt and Ivy sorted out the pumpkin situation, HM and I continued the search for spooky stuff at Kirklands. Their decor was very cute, fairly unique and well stocked but the overall selection was pretty slim. We will just have to keep looking.



Still, His Madness did find something there  - to wear on his head!


Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment