Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Burt & The Fall Clean Up - Haunted Humpday IX





Looks like Burt has found a pumpkin patch. The squirrels destroyed all my poor seedlings
last spring so the hunt is on to fill up the front porch with potential jack o'lanterns.




Once again, Burt was nice enough to help out with some garden chores.
It's always fun to have company when raking up the leaves . . .



  
. . . and rolling in the piles!




Lots of crabapples around too, (in both green and um... brown?) thanks to our strange tree




Talk about the apple of your eye!




Filling the recyclable yard waste bags can be a challenge.




There is apparently some confusion about just what goes into the bags.




Later Burt picked the last of the peppers.




Wait, Burt! Are you sure you want to try that one?




Thank goodness for the garden hose!




So many leaves, so little time.
Don't worry Burt, your hat and scarf will be dry soon.


I'm joining Marfi and friends at Incipient Wings for Haunted Humpday IX!

Happy Haunted Humpday everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I wish Burt stayed with you all year round -- and not just in fall. Any chance for an extended stay of Burt around your house?

    Lots of greetings from Germany,
    Birgit

    PS: Just in case I haven't asked before -- is there any chance for adding a button to follow your blog by email? I really don't want to miss a post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm really glad you like him, I was wondering if I might be boring everyone with his exploits. Yes, Burt will be staying around as a regular feature of my blog from now on as I just can't imagine what else I'd have to write about!
      I'll see if I can create a button or something this week. Thanks for the encouragement. Cheers, Sarah

      Delete
  2. Burt is adorable! I love your decorations and love your garden! Happy Humpday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love seeing Burt playing in the leaves! ANd I agree with Birgit, why not make Burt a recurring theme?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a Burt to assist me with my Gardening... and Housework... he's such a Riot at least the drudgery would become FUN! *LOL at all his Antics!* Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete