Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Is Apple the New Pumpkin?


Oh, no! We're into single digits! Doesn't the countdown calendar look weird? I tried it a few different ways and it is just going to look odd. Luckily, there's only eight more days to go, ha!  




When I was a teenager there was no romance in picking apples. It was one of those seasonal, short term jobs my parents thought it was important for me to participate in "for the experience". Like living on a farm wasn't "experience" enough. Anyway, now when friends get enthusiastic about going apple picking all I can think about are blisters and bee stings. Apples are okay though, I've always liked them, especially the Honeycrisp variety and I truly appreciate that they come in a bag!




This fall, a few Poison Apple themed items have found their way into our Halloween decor. They have probably been around for years and I just didn't noticed them before, ha! It seems like there should be apple cider in the mug, although coffee worked just fine.    




As creepy as it is, the green and red of this votive holder doesn't exactly fit in with the traditional Halloween color scheme. It might end up adding a touch of the macabre to Christmas instead.




Wax melts and lit candles are a bit of a problem around our house - thanks to the kitties needing to knock things onto the floor. This was the heaviest wax melting device I could find but I still don't trust them around it. The Poison Apple wax melt is ok, it smells like fresh apples but it's very pungent and lasts a long time. It doesn't give off the impression of being poisonous though, not that I'd know what that would smell like! That seems like a plus. 




I haven't exactly been overwhelmed with the pumpkin scented candles this year. I gave up looking for a candle that smells like a pumpkin pie when it's baking so I tried this cider one instead.  It's nice. 




Finally, the last of this seasons apple/apple cider scented acquisitions is a cleaning product! Now I had not considered shelling out for fancy cleaning supplies until I found them on sale. 




I have to confess that I do really like the Mrs. Meyer's Apple Cider spray cleaner. This is dangerous because now I actually enjoy cleaning! Who knew? Good thing its a limited edition. 




I liked the Apple Cider so much I went back to stock up. Eventually, it sold out but there was this Acorn Spice scent available, too. So, are acorns also giving pumpkins some competition? Wonder what the squirrels will think.




You know they're watching.


 Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment