Sunday, October 13, 2019

The Freezing Moon




Tonight is October's full moon and it has a lot of different names, depending on your location. I'm in an area of the country that is home to the Ojibwa people so it's "Mskawji Giizis", or Freezing Moon here. Which is exactly what happened to my garden last night! Its okay, I was expecting it. The seasons change dramatically here which I actually like although, it's hard to give up fresh herbs!




I took this photo with my phone, from my front porch, around eight o'clock tonight.
I think it looks more like a watercolor than a photograph, ha!




As Ivy was warming up with some coffee this morning, I couldn't help but notice the moon behind the black cat on her mug. Just like with the crescent moon, a couple weeks ago, I started to wonder just how frequent does the full moon show up in Halloween decorations?




Taking a look around, it's a pretty common thing, in fact, it's everywhere.




"When witches go riding and black cats are seen,
The moon laughs and whispers, 'tis near Halloween!"

Ok, this plate is missing the black cats but otherwise it's close. Two out of three.





Another thing I noticed was that most of them have faces,




This one even came in costume. Not bad for a sphere!




Ivy's Seaview Moon pin appears to be wearing the Sorting Hat. 




In honor of the full moon, His Madness has declared himself to be the Minister of Madness. He did offer to moon me but I declined the offer, we need to keep the lunacy under control here.

Thanks for stopping by! 


1 comment: