Thursday, October 17, 2019

Lost and Found




How did it get to be the middle of October already?




A few days ago I discovered that I couldn't find my outside Halloween decorations, so His Madness and I went in search of replacements. There were still plenty of lights around but garland was nonexistent, so I planned on improvising and picked up a lot of fake black flowers. Michael's had the best selection by far and HM found a hat to model there, too.    




Burt and Ivy were impressed with our haul




   

Burt was particularly fond of the black and silver skulls.





Kibitz was skeptical of the lights and as usual, he was right!




They were horrible! The Jack o'lantern part was constructed like a paper lantern and each one had to be stretched open using supports and then attached to the string of lights. Of course, it took forever and then when they were all lit up they looked more yellow than orange. Ivy did have fun using them to channel her inner Minnie at least.




So what happened next? In the basement I moved a box and behind it were the two bins with the old outside decorations inside. I knew I would find them as soon as I bought new ones. 




So what are we going to do with all those fake black flowers?
That remains to be seen. I'm afraid Burt might have some ideas.

Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment