Tuesday, October 1, 2019

The Crescent Moon




When I saw this little countdown calendar at Kirklands last Friday I had no plans to buy it, let alone use it to get myself to do a blog post every day all month long! Maybe I was just overwhelmed by the smell from all those scented candles. Anyway, Spenser obligingly posed with it, so here we are at day two of the countdown to Halloween.




Around seven o'clock last night, I just happened to notice the moon was setting and took this blurry photo, through the patio screens, with my phone. Coincidentally, it matched the crescent moons on Spenser's pillow! That made me wonder if it was typically associated with autumn and Halloween and just how much spooky crescent moon stuff did I have?   





So I started to look around at my half-unpacked, Halloween decorations to see what I could find. Burt drew my attention to this one first. Crescent moons seem to be pretty commonly woven into designs with other Halloween motifs like witches, bats and screaming black cats but I was on the hunt for them all by themselves.




Actually, I found a few I use year round, guess they're not just for Halloween anymore . . .




. . . but, most of them are, ha!




This might have passed for a Christmas ornament, if it wasn't for the black glitter star.




Speaking of Christmas ornaments, I was very surprised to find these on clearance at Home Goods.
(I have no idea how I'm going to use them!)




This Moon Man has been sitting on my piano for around a decade. He came with a black cat and a Santa Claus to switch out with the book.  Burt thought it was time he had a stocking cap, too.





Finally there is this really cheap, black and white pumpkin from the dollar bins at Target.
Burt and Kibitz like to practice their balancing act. 




Well, as occupational hazards go, this was definitely worth it. It can still go on display with the hole facing the wall. I should probably google crescent moon and get to work on tomorrows post.

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment