Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween!

 


The big day has arrived and I'm a little sad that the spookiness will be coming to an end.
Although it really doesn't have to, does it?





Since it's also a Sunday, I was in charge of brunch. After not being able to find a suitably Halloweeny dish to try, I gave up and decided to make pancakes in the shape of ghosts and pumpkins.





It could have gone better, at least they were fairly tasty.





There's nothing like a few blueberries and some maple syrup to cover up a pancake mistake! Why didn't I think of making whipped cream, too?





Our town's Trick or Treat time started at four in the afternoon. Kibitz kept everyone on schedule.





As always, there were some rather interesting costumes.




Burt and Ivy took the first hour. It works out better if the children see them in the daylight.





His Madness was on candy duty after the sun went down.




A lot of the children in our neighborhood are preschoolers so we try to keep our jack-'o'lanterns looking happy and cheerful.




Somehow, there's alway one that ends up with a scary face, but then who doesn't want to get just a little frightened on Halloween?




We're celebrating tonight with some snacks and a shot or two of RumChata. Since I just found these Hocus Pocus glasses at Home Goods, we felt obliged use them and watch the movie again, ha!


I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Halloween!
Thanks for stopping by, see you soon.





2 comments:

  1. As always I enjoy your posts! And a very Happy Halloween to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always a little Sad when each Holiday comes to a close, I'd like to extend them all and revel in the Atmosphere of each longer than most would be comfortable with. Here at the New Property we hardly get any door to door Trick-Or-Treaters and I do miss seeing the Costumes, I don't think Pandemic has been Helpful for Families to feel Safe Enough yet to continue with that Practice. Princess T may have done it for her last Year now she's 16.

    ReplyDelete