Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Pretzels and Pinholes



We've stocked up on a few snacks because you can never have too many Halloween treats.




For our anniversary last summer, His Madness made me this pinhole camera from a box of pretzels.
I was thrilled!




He takes his pinholiness very seriously and is constantly collecting all sorts of cardboard boxes to make into cameras. Being inclined towards instant gratification myself, I prefer digital photography and try not to refer to his vast accumulation of materials as trash. However, every once in awhile he makes me a camera I can't refuse to use, although taking pictures with them does drive me a little crazy. 




This is my current collection, I think the Halloween one fits right in!




It started out as a box of single serve pretzels. A few years ago I forgot to buy Halloween candy until the last minute and the aisles were almost bare. There were a few of these boxes of pretzels left and they mixed in well with the candy bars. It turned out to be a horrible night and the few kids who braved the weather were more excited about them than the candy bars.




So the snack size bags of pretzels saved the day and they taste pretty good, too. It took me a minute to realize the "jacks" meant jack-o'-lantern, duh! It's a bit of a stretch, at first I thought they were peace signs. Not a lot of words rhyme with lantern or pumpkin, would anyone want to snack on bats and rats? What would rat shaped pretzels even look like? Bats and Jacks was a good choice. 




Just recently HM found a roll of Wolfman black and white film.
The makers claim that it's howlingly good. 




HM is lending me his new travel tripod because it's black with orange stripes. The Skeleton Crew have agreed to pose for the first photo, hopefully they can hold still long enough!




In a couple of weeks, I'll have taken some photos, developed the film and scanned the negatives. Stay tuned for episode two, hopefully sometime before Halloween.

Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow! 


1 comment:

  1. Always good to see the crew this time of year! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete