Thursday, October 28, 2021

Pretzels and Pinholes Part Two

 


A little over three weeks ago I did a post on the pinhole camera His Madness made specially for me from a Bats and Jacks Halloween Pretzels box. Now, I've finally managed to take some photos with it.





Although, I can't take much of the credit since I needed a lot of help just getting the right exposures. I also did not do the film developing or scan the negatives. To be fair, it was more of a collaboration in which I told him what I had in mind and he figured out how to make it work.   





The Skeleton Crew, along with His Madness agreed to pose for me as long as they could dress up as their favorite Halloween characters. HM, came as himself because he already is a character. They were all very good at staying still for minutes on end and fortunately, the wind didn't blow them over.  





What I like about lensless photography is that it's usually done with film. So if you use black and white film, the photos are actually in black and white. It not just a setting you choose after taking the picture.





They also seem like they could have been taken in another era, I'm getting an early Disney vibe here from Burt and Kibitz.




 

HM definitely appears to be from bygone times, though maybe it's just the hat?
There's something very spooky about pinhole photography. 





Sometimes odd things show up on film that you would never see in digital photography. Wait! Is that another pirate lurking just behind Burt? Maybe Burt was a pirate in a former life, before he became a skeleton! Could it be his old captain?





Well, whoever it was didn't stick around very long and it seems like Burt's okay with that. Maybe I'll just stick to digital photography for the rest of this season but keep an eye open for things to photograph with my pinhole camera during Halloween next year! Who knows what might appear, bwahhaha! 



Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow, back in color!


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your Halloween countdowns -- and the photographs have a vintage feel -- perfect for an age old holiday. Have a safe, very merry Hallow's Eve.

    ReplyDelete