Friday, October 8, 2021

Spenser Goes Bat Sheet Crazy



I've been buying bedding from Tuesday Morning for over decade. They sold some wonderfully soft Italian sheets at a fairly reasonable price and I was very happy with them - until our store closed! Luckily, one of the sales clerks tipped me off about the closure and I was able to stock up but these ultra comfy linens had a disadvantage. They would wear out in just a couple of years. Naturally, in the fall of 2020, His Madness put his foot through our last bottom sheet! Since we were going to be spending the holidays all alone, I decided to splurge on a set in a Christmas toile from Pottery Barn. They were nowhere near as soft but they looked great. From then on, there was no going back to plain neutrals. So when the spooky season rolled around, it seemed like a good time for some new bedding so I googled Halloween sheets and found these decorated with poisonous plants and bats!





At first I wasn't so sure about sleeping on sheets with bats on them. Who hasn't had a bat in their house? I grew up in an old farm house where a colony took up residence in a woodshed attached to the kitchen. Occasionally, I would forget and open the door at dusk. My mother would scream and run into the bathroom and shut the door. We understood their importance to the environment and tried to usher them careful out of the house. Still, it's kind of a shock when you take a dishtowel off the handle of the oven door and discover there's a bat sleeping in it. They definitely add a creepy factor to Halloween decor but it is usually in more of a supporting role, or so I thought. Then I started looking through my hoard and found this ornament (for that black Halloween tree I haven't gotten around to getting) and after that, I started noticing them on everything.





Bats? Where?




Ivy was sporting a cuff bracelet and bat winged necklace.

 


Burt thought the bag the sheets came in would make a great hat.





Spenser loves sleeping on the new sheets but when he tries to catch the bats and can't, that drives him a little crazy. I tried distracting him with this new hat but he wasn't interested.



It's not that he doesn't like hats.




He just doesn't like wearing them.
Hopefully he will realize they're only pictures of bats on fabric not the real thing.





We're packing for a trip, do you think we've brought enough bats along?





They really are everywhere you look.

Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow! 




No comments:

Post a Comment